(PART-TIME/HOURLY/VIRTUAL or hybrid)
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The primary goal for this position is to provide the CEO of Good Cents Management with outstanding administrative support.
The Executive Assistant is the supportive force that empowers the CEO. The ideal person for this job is a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and meticulous attention to detail. The Executive Assistant anticipates needs, stays five steps ahead of CEO, clearing the path for her to enable her to focus on the majors, not the minors of the business. You smooth the edges, and pave the road to ease for both her professional and personal life. You know how to take charge, and are comfortable with driving projects to completion.
Candidates will have previous experience working in an office environment, performing administrative duties, and supporting a CEO or high-level executive.
This position can be fulfilled completely virtually, but candidates who are local to Westchester County, NY with some in-person availability, are strongly encouraged to apply. Hourly availability requires at least 15-20 hours per week, with meetings several times per month. This position also requires the candidate to be available during standard business hours of 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. EST, Monday–Friday, as well as the availability to communicate with the larger company team daily.
The candidate should be technologically fluent and comfortable meeting virtually in a quiet environment that is distraction-free. Our team highly values a deep work/life balance, but there may be a few times a year when additional work hours are needed on evenings and weekends to prepare for specific deliverables.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicating on the CEO’s behalf both internally and externally.
- Email and calendar management of multiple inboxes, including corresponding on behalf of the CEO.
- Running errands and making personal appointments for the CEO and family members.
- Helps CEO prioritize tasks and calendar them. Holding founder accountable on tasks needed to propel company project forward.
- Keeping Google Drive tidy and organized
- Complex calendar management and scheduling (both personally and professionally) on behalf of the CEO and coordinating with the Good Cents Management Team and clients.
- Varying personal and professional administrative tasks including, but not limited to, booking business and personal appointments, research projects, coordinating travel, and ordering gifts/flowers, etc.
- Attend meetings several times per month.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
The ideal candidate possesses the following strengths and skills:
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Superb, professional-level verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in working with a team-oriented, virtual environment.
- A strong ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Incredibly high follow-through. You have high standards, and mediocre is not a word in your vocabulary. You love lists and details.
- A helpful disposition.
- You must be very experienced using Google Suite including Google Calendar & G-Drive.
- Experience with TeamWork a plus.
- You’re invested in becoming the best you can be and excited to work with a fun-loving team who’s happy to help you get there!
- Responsive and communicative.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Please submit a resume and writing sample on your favorite pastime, hobby, artist, musician or author. Both documents must be sent in a PDF and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive Assistant.”
ABOUT OUR HIRING PROCESS
All resumes will be reviewed and candidates will be contacted for a brief phone interview. Second interviews will be held in person and full background checks will be completed. Final candidates will be invited to work on a per diem basis for 1-2 weeks to make sure skill and personality set are a fit for our office. Signing a confidentiality and non-compete agreement are required prior to hiring.
ABOUT OUR AGENCY
Since 2007, Good Cents has enthusiastically provided small businesses with exceptional virtual bookkeeping and back-end accounting services. Good Cents provides a singular, boutique experience that provides your business with an array of financial operational services: from bookkeeping to HR to payroll to financial analysis.
Founded by Justine Lackey, a small business bookkeeping and systems expert for over 25 years, Good Cents boasts a team of over 12 from across the country; every member of our bookkeeping team is a QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor – a unique distinction in our industry.
We are devoted to a culture of care. We partner with every client as if we were an internal member of your organization because we know all businesses are elevated by exceptional operational support.
We maintain a carefully curated client list in order to dedicate ourselves to the success of each business. As such, we accept clients on an invitation, referral, or application-only basis.